Rules of Conduct
TL;DR—Play fair and respect other players.
The rules of conduct are guidelines we ask you to follow while playing AVA and participating on our websites. Note these may change from time to time, so it’s worth checking back periodically.
Ignorance of the rules does not excuse violation of them. Violations may result in a temporary suspension or permanent ban.
- Don’t abuse someone personally, including their race, gender, religion, nationality, ethics, sexual preference, or personal beliefs. Keep it clean.
- Your account is for your use and your use alone. Don’t grant access to your account to anyone else, and do not access anyone else’s account, even with their permission.
- Don’t pretend to be an En Masse or Red Duck employee.
- Don’t harass, stalk, or purposely do things to make someone else feel uncomfortable.
- Don’t post or use graphic sexual, grotesque, or violent language or images.
- Child predation or pornography = BAN! And may be escalated to the authorities.
- Don’t share personal information about yourself or other individuals.
- Masked profanity: We all know you can use l33t 5p34k to mask bad stuff. Don’t do it.
- No real money trading: This includes account selling, boosting services, or any other trade of in-game items or services for real money. These activities lead to account theft, credit card fraud, and stolen identities. Don’t participate in these activities.
- No advertising your own or someone else’s business or ventures.
- No scamming: This is like stealing. Don't do it.
- No spamming: Talking to other players is great, but there is no need to spam the same thing over and over. We heard you the first time…
- No cheating: Don’t use third party programs, macros, client-side hacks, or other things that give you an unfair advantage in the game. Even if others haven’t gotten caught yet, doesn't mean you should do it.
- No hacking: Don’t hack us or someone else. Don't distribute or promote material related to this. It’s not cool.
- Avoid Spamming support: If we’re not responding right away, it’s because we’re backed up and sending us 100 emails about the same issue before we can answer the first one only slows us down more.
- Report Game exploits: Let us know about these instead of exploiting them.
- Don’t use private servers: Do not participate, promote, or set one up.
- TURN OFF CAPS LOCK: Avoid excessive use of the caps lock. It can get annoying.
- Don’t request, arrange, or offer pirated materials, illegal activities, or illegal drugs.
- Our employees will use their discretion to interpret if any action warrants moderation, whether it is mentioned here or not.